Freeze/Release

A mix in the series Stillness Is My Move: minimalist ambient, electroacoustic, field recordings in other words - epic stillness (resolving in equally epic slow tectonic movements). Played at Rasols party @ NABAKLAB 2011.03.19.

It was a rare occasion of me dropping my trusted Traktor software in favor of old-skool medium of real, all officially purchased CDs. I wanted an attempt to step from a usual routine (and even a usual material - originally planned to do a set of experimental techno released circa 2000 - which was not possible for several reasons). Anyway, I think I won’t do it again. I prefer better track control, looping/delay possibilities, faster browsing and selection... Though it was still an interesting experience.

Initially, I thought the mix was not very successful. However, after some time and some relistens I changed my mind... It's cold, restrained and isolationist, but still with emotions, especially in the coda. Hope you enjoy it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Вальс светлячков: история за музыкой

Yaputhma Sound System - Rīgas Disco 1996-2017. 2LP+CD. 21st Anniversary Edition - Remastered & Expanded.

Snobo Hates Jazz